According to Edmunds 8 Reasons to Buy from a Car Dealer’s Top Salesperson, consumers ought to seek out a dealership’s #1 salesperson to ensure a great car buying experience. As the article states, there’s a reason why they’re on top of the leaderboard — “top salespeople tend to be pleasant, well-rounded employees who use their time wisely and focus on making customers happy.” They’re likely to demonstrate the following eight characteristics:
1. Personality: Top sellers are often friendly, easygoing people. In addition to selling the most cars, they tend to have high customer satisfaction scores and happy customers.
2. Persistent: Great salespeople are determined to get you what you need. They’ll go to great lengths to ensure that you’re satisfied with your product and experience.
3. Pushy: The term ‘pushy’ can carry a negative connotation. However, a bit of ‘pushy’ can be useful both in terms of helping a buyer to make a decision and in nudging management to accept a deal that might be less desirable.
4. Perceptive: The ability to pick up on a shopper’s signals and tailor a sales process accordingly helps to meet the individual shopper’s interests and needs.
5. Phone Savvy: Calling with a purpose and appropriate frequency is an art — top salespeople know the perfect balance. Keeping in contact after the deal is done will likely to inspire future referral business.
6. Presentation Skills: Top sellers take the time to fully demonstrate the products’ features. The better the product presentation is, the more likely the shopper will buy.
7. Prompt: Top producers are responsive. They get back to customers in a timely way, and they don’t leave them hanging.
8. Positive: There are challenging days at the dealership. The best salespeople provide a pleasant experience for the buyer, even when things aren’t going their way. Failing to do so can result in lost sale, lost referrals and negative online feedback.
Customer testimonials are the best vehicle to capture a salesperson’s demonstration of these eight traits of high performance. Reach150 offers an effective solution to collect and promote those recommendations so that when customers come looking for an excellent salesperson, they find you.